"Teachers are everything!"
– Jennifer Bower
Parent, Founder and Owner
Educators are the heart of BeanTree. Each campus has 5 full-time directors who oversee the care of approximately 250 students and 70 teachers and housekeepers.
Our team includes:
- Lead Teachers – Lead Teachers are responsible for the entire program in which they work, including the teaching team. These Lead Teachers must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree plus related experience.
- Classroom Teachers – Beginning in Preschool I, each teacher must have a Bachelor’s Degree. In Preschool II and above, the degree must be in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education.
- Specialty Teachers – These teachers, who have at least a Bachelor’s Degree, offer instruction in art, music, technology, and Spanish, and provide a great deal of consistency for the children as they grow and learn during the several years they attend our school.
- Rotating Teachers - These teachers provide an incredible amount of stability in our school. They rotate throughout the day, providing planning times for teachers, covering lunch breaks, and standing in for teachers who might be out ill or on vacation.
- Housekeepers – Housekeepers perform many of the functions necessary to keep our school running smoothly--they serve meals, clean up afterward, wash the linens, and clean up the messes that happen so often with little ones! Having our housekeepers provide these services, rather than the classroom teachers, allows our professional educators to spend more quality time with our students.
All of these caring and hard-working educators are guided by our Leadership Team. Some people ask about BeanTree’s staff turnover. BeanTree has one of the lowest rates in the industry. We are proud to attract the most dedicated and professional teachers!
We encourage our educators to continue their careers at BeanTree by offering above-industry salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, a 401K plan, flexible spending accounts, educational reimbursement, paid training opportunities, employer-paid short- and long-term disability, employer paid life insurance, and tuition reimbursement. We help keep teachers refreshed by providing breaks and planning times throughout the day. During the breaks, their classes are staffed by our rotating teachers, who know all of our children and are talented in their ability to work with any age group throughout the school.
We are proud to celebrate our “Best Bean” each month! Parents and peers can complete cards recognizing members of our staff who have gone above and beyond. These cards are posted where all our team members can view them and where we can celebrate our teachers’ and housekeepers’ achievements each day. Each month, one person from each campus is selected to receive the “Best Bean” award. They are given a reward and recognized at our end-of-the-month luncheon celebration, ABC Day (A BeanTree Celebration Day).
Come meet our educators and experience why they are the BeanTree Difference.